Diesel Electric Services, a division of the Mansour Group is Canada’s only CN-recognized tier-one shop. Our specialized workforce provides support to customers in class 1 and the short-line railway industry. Our motive power team provides several services for locomotives and on track equipment. We are currently looking for a Mechanic to join our team!
Licensed Mechanic or 1-2 year Apprentices are Welcome
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Railcar Repair – Conducts repairs in accordance with Shop procedures
- Meets the expectations and requirements of all customers to ensure their satisfaction of work.
- Good knowledge and experience in internal combustion engines (diesel and gas) is an asset.
- Diagnosing faults and malfunctions to determine the extend of repair required.
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems using hand and power tools.
- Testing repaired equipment for proper performance.
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment.
- Participate in workplace safety, environmentally sounds and healthy behaviors and objectives.
- Clerical – ensures that all necessary work order information is complete.
- Complete and maintain required certifications
- Strong familiarity with AAR rules and regulations considered an asset.
- Other work – related tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Having at least two (2) years of experience will be considered a strong asset.
- Bilingualism, French speaking is an asset.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills.
- A valid G license.
- Ontario driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract.
- MUST be able to successfully pass all required training, background check, drivers abstract and drug and alcohol testing.
Job Type: Full-time