Interested in working in an industry that powers Canada’s economy? By choosing a career in the rail industry, you will join over 34, 000 Canadians in a rewarding career with plenty of opportunities for advancement.
Mansour Canadian Rail has extensive experience and is fully certified to perform surface, and underground rail track repair, and maintenance. When choosing a career with Mansour Canadian Rail as a Track Labourer, you are choosing a career with a company that is competitive and growing.
If you’re looking to grow in a hands-on, physically demanding, and collaborative work environment with one of the most experienced companies in Northern Ontario, we want to hear from you!
We welcome and encourage newcomers to apply!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform physically demanding manual labor.
- Repair or adjust Track switches using hand tools.
- Grind ends of rails, remove old spikes, drive new spikes, cut ties, and perform related maintenance using hand tools.
- Operate track wrenches to loosen and tighten bolts.
- Cut rail to specific lengths using rail saws.
- Operate light and heavy yard maintenance machinery, portable grinder, spike puller, and others.
- Operate power and manual tools. Use a power drill to drill holes through rails, tie plates, or ties.
- Loading, unloading, and general handling of materials and equipment.
- Basic maintenance work on machinery used.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Able to walk, stand, bend, stoop, kneel, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Able to work with load noises, chemicals, fumes, dirt, and dust.
- Must be in good physical condition to perform job duties outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Responds to emergency repair situations during and after regular working hours, sometimes on holidays, weekends, and on-call.
- Must adhere to clients’ company policies and procedures.
- MUST be able to successfully pass all required training, background check, driver abstract, and drug & alcohol testing.
- Skill in the use of tools and machines
- Able to operate tools and equipment safely and efficiently.
- High school or GED
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiarity with Canadian Rail Operating Rules; Current Certification is an asset.
- Ability to provide clear written and verbal communication.
- Strong commitment to company health and safety
- Work on an 8/7 rotation (subject to change)
- Extended shifts (12-14 hour shifts)
- Rotating Shifts (Days/Nights – Subject to change)
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Work premium in addition to hourly pay
- Live out allowance per diem when travel is required.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent